(A pdf version of this document with supporting form is available for download here)
The Brannel Good Citizen Award is a initiative set up by St Stephen in Brannel Parish Council and is aimed at recognising those connected with the Parish who give up their time to provide support, services, activities or other works which benefit the villages and residents of Coombe, Foxhole, High Street, Lanjeth, Nanpean, St Stephen, Treviscoe and Whitemoor.
Nominees can be part of a local organisation who give their time voluntarily or an individual who has gone above and beyond to help the Parish in an unpaid professional capacity.
Nominations will also be considered for outstanding achievements in sports and culture, exceptional community spirit and for activities that have led to the Parish receiving national or international recognition.
There are three different categories:
Young Citizen of the Year
For those aged 18 and under
Good Citizen of the Year
For those over 18 years of age
Lifetime Achievement Award
For outstanding long-term service of the community
To qualify for an award the candidate(s) must be connected to St Stephen in Brannel Parish and be nominated by someone who also has a connection.
This year’s nomination period ends on (Date to be confirmed at launch in January 2023) after which the Council will consider the nominations. Winners will then be presented with a framed certificate and a £100 voucher of their choice at the Annual Parish Meeting being held on (Date to be confirmed at launch in January 2023).
- The candidate(s) and nominator must have a connection to St Stephen in Brannel Parish.
- The candidate(s) must be nominated for voluntary work in the Parish, or for outstanding achievements in sports and culture, exceptional community spirit or for activities that have led to the Parish receiving national or international recognition.
- The award can be presented to two or more individuals if they have collaborated on the contribution. [The award will be a framed certificate for each individual and vouchers totalling £100].
- Nominations must be submitted and received by the Parish Council office (Date to be confirmed at launch in January 2023).
- A panel comprising of the Chairman and Vice Chairman of Full Council plus the Chairman of the Development & Environment committee will make a recommendation to the Full Council if there are more than 3 candidates per category. If less, the nominations will go directly to Full Council.
- The award will comprise of a framed A4 Certificate and a £100 Voucher.
- The awards will be given out at the Annual Parish Meeting in (Date to be confirmed at launch in January 2023).
- No serving member of St Stephen in Brannel Parish Council within the last 5 years can be nominated.
- Nominations can only be submitted by completing the nomination form.