The Parish Council’s appointed Steering Group are nearing the end of developing the NDP for the Parish of St Stephen in Brannel.
Our Steering Group
The St Stephen in Brannel NDP Steering Group is made up of a committed group of Parish Councillors and local residents who are keen to ensure that local views and considerations are taken into account when it comes to future development within the Parish.
Despite COVID, the Steering Group has continued to meet to develop our draft NDP. In fact, the Group met fortnightly for much of lockdown so lots of progress has been made over the last year ready to once more consult with the Parish and ensure views are listened to and absorbed into the draft where applicable.
If you are new to the Parish or just fancy getting involved to help us complete the NDP, please do get in touch with the Steering Group Administrator on firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Parish Office.
Progress to date
- After careful consideration, we decided our ‘designated area’ will be the whole Parish of St Stephen in Brannel.
- We held a series of display events at locations around the Parish giving everyone the chance to offer comments and to volunteer to get involved.
- We organised an Open Evening, inviting residents throughout the Parish to hear more about the process behind an NDP.
- From this initial engagement our NDP Steering Group was formed.
- We circulated an initial consultation questionnaire to all residents. The replies we received helped us to concentrate on the key topic areas for shaping the basis of the NDP. You can see these questionnaires by clicking on the questionnaires button on the right.
- We drafted a Vision for future development within the Parish and a set of Objectives which support this.
- We have begun drafting Policies which respond to our overall Objectives
- We have identified Proposed Development Boundaries for our eight village settlements within the Parish.
- With lockdown now over, we are now keen to share our work to date, get feedback on our Vision, Objectives and Proposed Development Boundaries, and more importantly, gather more valuable feedback from the community through a second round of consultation.
Second round of Consultation
Although COVID restrictions are easing, we believe it is right to conduct as much of our second round of consultation online. To achieve this as effectively as possible we have partnered with Go Collaborate, a team from Falmouth University who’s mission is to help Steering Groups such as ourselves to get better, more representative engagement on plans that will ultimately aid in building better, more sustainable places to live for those who call it home.
Over the next consultation is due to take place this Autumn and there will be posters displayed around the villages as well as leaflets to all residents advising how everyone can access the Go Collaborate online platform to have your say. To access the online consultation click HERE. Do also check out the Parish Council Facebook Group to follow links to the online platform.
We will be operating a Telephone Helpline to provide assistance on completing the online survey. If you would like help accessing the online platform please call 01726 821233.
What happens next
Findings from the next round of consultation will help us to finalise our draft NDP.
When our draft NDP is ready, it has been approved by a Planning Inspector and there will be a public referendum in which our residents can vote to adopt the Plan.
A majority vote is needed for the adoption.
As the NDP progresses, we will continue to update this page.
2nd September 2021